As you may have seen from our Facebook page we have been really busy with camps these past couple of months and we still have a few months of the busy season ahead of us.
In order to prepare for all of our upcoming camps we are holding a working bee on the 5th of December here at Blue Lagoon.
We need as many helpers as we can get to get the site tidied up for the summer. If you are available and have tools and equipment you can bring to aid us we would love to have you along!
When: Saturday the 5th of December, 2015
Where: Blue Lagoon Christian Camp 41 - 55 Bally Park Road, Dodges Ferry, 7173
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm (BBQ Lunch provided)
Some of the tasks we need to complete are as follows:
- Mulch trampoline and playground areas
- Build tyre retaining wall base of the games room bank
- Mulch the bank outside the games room
- Mulch under the slide
- Mulch the garden beds around the slide
- Mulch the initiatives course
- Mulch the bank above the top oval
- Paint the steel door frames in the dormitories
- Remove spider webs from around the dormitories
- Paint the window frames and door architraves in the tiger head dorms
- Remove weeds under the trampolines
- Polish the kitchen floor
- Weed spraying
- Clean, repair and polish dining room tables
- Clean the games room windows
- Move soil to complete the camp fire area
- Remove graffiti from the bunks and re-lacquer
- Plant new plants around the slide and boundary fences as per planting plan
- Painting the new renovations in house 3 (Skilled painters only!!)
Equipment that we will need:
- Drop sheets
- Paint brushes
We will be providing a BBQ lunch for those who attend. We hope this will be a good time of fellowship as we work together to prepare Blue Lagoon for the busy summer ahead!!