We want to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has donated time, money, skills and committed to praying for Blue Lagoon this year. Without you we would not have been able to accomplish so much!
There has been an incredible amount of work done to the grounds and buildings this year and that can not happen without the generosity of the people and businesses who look out for us along the way.
Andrew Walter Constructions has been incredible this year, with the donations of recycled materials from job sites, loaning us machinery and workers to get some of the bigger tasks completed and, the provision of truckloads of mulch to tidy up our gardens. Because of their generosity, we have been able to construct our initiatives course completely from recycled materials, a campfire area has been created for the campers to enjoy and we have been able to do some substantial landscaping to the site.
A number of projects were undertaken this year including:
- Renovations to the dining room,
- Construction of wooden steps in the front bank,
- Installing a veranda on the front of rooms 1 & 2,
- Re-cladding of house 3
- Asbestos removal from house 3 , then renovating, plastering, tiling and painting in preparation for our new chef Michael and his family Yvonne, Chloe, Brock and Tyler
- Constructing a new retaining wall and pathway outside the foyer of the main building.
- Landscaping around and beneath the giant slide
- Renovations to the bathrooms in Red Ochre dorms
- Installation and landscaping of a fire pit area
- State of the art Team Building and Initiatives Course
- Landscaping of the bank in front of the games room
- Massive amount of trees and shrubs planted
- New steps and pathway for the Giant Slide
- Marine Rope fences for the Giant Slide and Games Room bank
Many local businesses have been a wonderful support in supplying materials & labor to aid us in our various projects this year.
- Andrew Walter Construction
- Holt's Mitre 10 Sorell
- JDM Contracting
- Hazel Bros
- Wild Seed Tasmania
- Mobile Mission Maintenance
- Netco Pumps
- Carpet Choice Hobart
- AEGIS Asbestos
We have had a number of skilled laborers donate time this year to come and assist us in the completion of projects and we thank you for the time and effort you have put in to help us get those done.
Our crew of volunteers at our working bee helped us to get the site looking fantastic and we are so grateful to them for their support time and effort.
It has been an incredible year and we praise God for his provision, guiding and blessings on the ministry at Blue Lagoon.
We wish you all a happy and safe Christmas season as we celebrate the birth of our Saviour, and we look forward to sharing with in 2016!
The Team at Blue Lagoon